Wednesday, 07 October 2015 23:30
Do you know these facts about nose surgery?
· When a nose is reshaped, (rhinoplasty) and performed correctly and artistically by an experienced plastic surgeon, it can make a big difference in how a person looks, and just as importantly, how a person feels about him/herself.
· Getting a redesigned nose is a common cosmetic surgery done among American teens . It is the second most performed cosmetic surgery procedure, after breast augmentation in this age group.
· It's usually an outpatient procedure done under general anesthesia. This means you go home the same day.
· Recovery time is about 7-10 days, making it a good procedure to perform right before school holidays.
Plastic surgeons face a real Catch-22: their work is to be viewed by the world but at the same time, the surgery must never appear obvious. The plastic surgeon is a sculptor who creates beauty that should appear "natural" - not surgical.
Vero Cosmetic’s Dr. Katya Bailor, who specializes in plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face and neck likes to tell her patients, “If it doesn’t look natural, it doesn’t look good.”
Types of rhinoplasty include:
· Removing a hump on the nose
· Straightening the bridge
· Reshaping the nose's tip
· Increasing /decreasing the nostril size
· Correcting the nose after an injury
· Making the nose bigger or smaller